|Maintaining infrastructure is a fundamental Local Government service. Councils need the capability to manage huge amounts of data across assets including roads, bridges and structures, buildings, parks and open spaces, street lights and signs, trees, property, pipelines and open spaces. In order to maintain assets effectively and comply with Road Management Plans and other legislative requirements, Councils need to know where assets are located, what condition they are in, who is responsible for repairs and ensure they work to optimal maintenance regimes.|
Delivery of Public Services
Government organizations make decisions to positively impact their business and the communities who rely on them every day. By embedding location into core business processes, Government organizations are able to make better and more informed decisions about the delivery of services to the public – which services are required and where to put them.
By combining demographic data and location intelligence, Governments can answer questions such as:
- What is the demographic makeup of my community?
- Where are specific services required?
- Where are the best locations to place those services?
Decision makers within Government departments need reliable and accurate support tools that can assist them to achieve quality outcomes for community service planning and delivery, operational planning and incident response management.
If your goal is to make your community safer, how do you go about ensuring excellence in emergency management? At Map 42 we have worked with Councils to help develop innovative and comprehensive emergency management solutions. Our solutions allow Government agencies to capture and maintain vital data for emergency management as well as access external data sources to facilitate timely and effective decisions for questions including:
- What area will be impacted by this disaster?
- Who within the impact area will need assistance?
- Where should evacuees be sent?
- How can relevant parties be contacted?
- How can the public access information in the event of a disaster, such as road closures and the location of evacuation centers?
Government organizations are under pressure to better engage and communicate with their community. Citizens expect instant communication in the channel that suits them, whether it is via traditional channels (letter or telephone) or digital channels (such as SMS, email, Twitter or Facebook). Citizens expect flexible access to information about services and facilities that are relevant to them. They want information that is tailored to them and they prefer it to be easy and quick to access that information.
- Map 42 solutions can help Government organizations to:
- Improve citizen service whilst reducing costs
- Provide multi-channel communication options for citizens
- Better engagement with their community by providing instant access to information that is tailored to each citizen
Government has a responsibility to ensure the accuracy of information it provides and that policies are implemented thoroughly. Whether this information pertains to the geography of service availability or the eligibility of individuals to services and grants, ensuring data quality and auditability is paramount throughout the cycle of public policy administration.
The simple task of identifying and locating individuals provides a continuous challenge, as does the validation and analysis of large quantities of spatially-referenced information.